Thursday 18 November 2010

It's been... one week...

I've discovered that the best way for me to regularly read the bible is to leave one lying around where I know my bored eye will fall on it.

A few days ago, by chance, I left a bible on the dining room table...

The next morning, when I came down to breakfast it was sitting there so I thought - 'why not?'... and I opened it... and read some of it with my porridge.

The next morning I did the same...

The next morning I did the same again... and I got a book out of the bookcase to help me understand a bit more of it...

Later that day we tidied up at home and, because we needed the table for a family meal, we put the bible back in the bookcase...

It's been a week, and although I only read it for three days in a row, I realise now that I quite enjoyed it...

I'm going to get it back out of the bookcase tonight and put it back on the table again...

3 comments:

  1. Excellent tip friend. And there's me normally having golden syrup with my porridge, getting myself into a sticky situation when I could be "wording up" for the day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... does this serve as an excuse for me to avooid tidying up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea!
    I kept a Bible in my overhead at work for a time, so that every morning when I'd open the cabinet to plug in my laptop, I'd have to physically pick up my Bible and move it... this resulted in me reading a chapter or two while my computer booted up.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete